2016-2017 JNC Points System Rules
Points shall be earned on the following basis:
Level I (75 head or less exhibited)
Class Placing 1 2 3
Points Earned: 10 8 6
Level II (76 to 150 head exhibited)
Class Placing 1 2 3 4 5
Points Earned: 14 12 10 8 6
Level III (151 head or more exhibited)
Class Placing 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Points Earned: 18 16 14 12 10 8 6
- The show year will begin November 1, 2017 and end September 15, 2018.
- Exhibitors will earn 2 points per head exhibited per show, no maximum.
- Breed Champions earn an additional 5 points, Reserves 3 Points.
- Supremes on down depending on the show size will be as follows:
Large 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2
Medium 13, 8, 6, 4, 2
Small 9, 4, 2
- All JNC sanctioned shows must select both a Supreme and Reserve Supreme Breeding Heifer, including top three on small, top five on medium, and top seven on large shows. The same for the Market Animals, the market heifer (no breeds) is represented as another breed of steers for the overall market animal.
- The JNC will be giving awards to the JNC members.
- JNC members must exhibit a particular breed in at least three sanctioned
shows in order to receive year end livestock evaluation points for that
particular breed. (Example: JNC members must show a market heifer at 3 different shows to receive market heifer points.)
- If one person exhibits a large number of cattle (multiple breeds), only the two highest placing breeds will be used in the ranking for the Overall Placing at the end of the season.
- In both the market and breeding animal divisions, ONLY the top two animals per breed shown will be counted per show.
- Members will be required to pay a $30.00 membership fee. New members pay $25. You will not begin to accumulate points until your membership fee is paid.